for kim woods only
Discussion 1Find a reliable secondary source related to your argument for change in your community or workplace. Then, choose a short passage that verifies or disputes your position. Respond to the following prompts in at least two well-developed paragraphs (not including the copied-and-pasted material from your secondary source):
Find a reliable secondary source related to your argument for change in your community or workplace. Then, choose a short passage that verifies or disputes your position. Respond to the following prompts in at least two well-developed paragraphs (not including the copied-and-pasted material from your secondary source):
● Describe the source you found, the process you used to find it, and why you selected it. What makes this a reliable source? Does it support or refute your argument?
● Paraphrase relevant information from a short passage in the source you found. Be sure to use in-text citations with any sentences paraphrasing ideas from the source, e.g., (Doe, 2013) or According to Jane Doe (2013).
● At the end of your post, provide a complete APA 6th Edition style references page citation for the source you found and copy/paste the original text that you paraphrased. Be sure to label clearly the part that is copied (e.g., original).
An Annotated Bibliography organizes your research by way of APA citations and a short paragraph about each source. For this Assignment, you will create an Annotated Bibliography for four sources related to an argument for change. One of the sources should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception related to your topic. Your instructor will provide insightful feedback on the sources you find so you can determine whether to use them in the Unit 8 Assignment, a persuasive research essay.
The following aspects are required for your Annotated Bibliography Assignment:
- Title page in APA manuscript format.
- Your revised thesis statement for an argument for change in your community or workplace.
- Four primary and secondary sources; one source should be a periodical or ebook, preferably from the Kaplan Library.
- Sources that would be appropriate are as follows:
- Book, ebook, article, or a chapter from book or ebook
- Periodical (e.g., newspaper, magazine, journal article)
- Internet source (e.g., blog, organization website, article from Internet site)
- Video or audio source (e.g., documentary, video blog, TED Talks , podcast)
- A primary source in which the authors of the content are the primary researchers (the ones who conducted research), e.g., a government report, case study, or speech
- At least one source should address an opposing viewpoint or misconception.
- APA citation for each source (this is the information you would normally include on a references page).
- Annotation for each source, which must include each of the following in a full paragraph:
- Brief summary of the source (no direct quotes from the source) and a parenthetical citation after the summary, e.g., (Smith, 2014)
- Evaluation of the source’s credibility, including the author’s credentials and the verifiability of the source’s information; this should include where you found the source (KU Library, Google search engine, government website, etc.)
- Discussion about the source’s usefulness to your argument for change in your community or workplace
- All writing must be in Standard American English.
- Use APA manuscript format throughout the Assignment.